Sunday, October 25, 2009

And now my baby!
This is me 2 days after Max was supposed to be born :)
So Max was due the 20th -when I went to my appointment on the 25th my midwife said she would have to induce me on the 27th if nothing had happened by then. I wanted to have an un-medicated labor and I really didnt want to be induced, so I had her strip the membrane in hopes of making my labor start. (also the 25th was Jons and my 5 year anniversary!) After my appointment Jon and I went out to lunch then i went into work to get everything tied up.. and ready for me to definitly not come in on Monday! I got home at like 9 that night and my friend Anna came and watched The Office with me and slept over. About 10 the next morning I was having contractions that actually hurt... which i was very excited about - for days i had been wishing for real contractions that hurt- then by 5 Saturday night i was thinking i would be fine if they didnt hurt quite so much :) My Doula (Birth Coach) Tanya came over around 5 or 6 Saturday night and started helping me relax through the contractions (which i am NOT good at) and walking, rocking and doing different positions to help me deal with the pain while also making Max move down and get in position. He was facing forwards (sunny side up) (babies are supposed to face your back before being born) so he was pushing on my tailbone every contraction and it REALLY hurt! Well, we tried to get him to turn all night, and all Sunday morning, and all Sunday afternoon..... finally at about 5pm Sunday night my mother in law suggested we go to the hospital and i thought it was a good idea too :) I really wanted to get in the big tub they have! This is me with my bag ready to go ( between rocking back and forth during contractions - the smile is kind of forced at this point lol!)
This is Tanya and Jon pushing on my leg and back to help my back not hurt so much during contractions.
Early Monday morning i was dialated to a 9 so my midwife broke my water to see what position Max was in.... still forward......one of the nurses suggested that i lay in the fetal position and that can help him turn...i got some Fetinyl (I had a few shots of it since getting to the hospital), which mostly made me tired but also kind of dulls the contractions...it took 45 minutes but he turned half way and that was enough. Max was finally born at 12:14 on Monday
I love my face in this pic, I think i am glaring at Jon :) i was really tired but so happy, i think my face wasnt quite working. This is a little later that dayNew Family
This is before his first real bath
Now he has chunky cheeks!
He loves his wrap!Cute!




1 comment:

Nhoj said...

The Judith and I agree, that is one CUTE baby! Congratulations! We love you all.