Friday, February 27, 2009



OK, so more boring updates on my tile project :)
- someday i will have more exciting things to write about!!!
I FINALLY got around to grouting the tile (about a month after we laid it) so here is how it looks. I HATE grouting, cuz you smear it on the whole floor and you have to make sure to get it all pressed into the seams, no bubbles, has to be all level (ish) and then you spend 2 hours wiping it all off the tiles!! Not so fun. But it is sooooo nice to have a pretty floor now and not cement with rust spots and paint drips! Jon did some fancy cuts around the drain (I am trying to pry the rusted top off of the drain, I guess you can just replace the top part.. but this one is so rusted i cant get it off!)
Tomorrow i am going to seal the grout and put my washer and dryer in --WOOHOO- and my cabinets.... still lots of work till its done!

3 comments:

Robinson Family said...

That looks so good. Again we might be calling you when we do our downstairs bathroom and laundry room. Adam has talked about tile. Who knows, but it won't be for a very long time. It really looks good. I'm so impressed what you can manage to do. I don't think there is any project you can't do. Good Job!!!

ms. persiflage said...

Wow, I think working at Alphagraphics is cramping your guys' style. You and John should be free lance tile artists . . . think of all the money you could make :)

Carly said...

Looks good Madison. I would have no freaking clue how to that but it looks great I bet is will be nice to have it done and everything put back to normal so you can move onto another project.